Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Don't give your name, you don't have one

Time-lapse of the past [source]
~~~~~~~
I am amazed at the human mind. We make decisions, sometimes without even realizing, that effect our whole being just by putting us in a certain mood. I feel like just making the smallest change in your attitude can turn around your mood and furthermore your outlook. This may just be taken as becoming a more positive person, but this change can make us learn more, work harder, and become better people.
This revelation came as I was starting the required reading (only two days before school). Reality is Broken, by Jane McGonigal, is all about video games and things I thought didn't apply to me. Now, only one chapter in, I am completely hooked.

I started with a negative attitude having the typical "games are a waste of time and talent" attitude. Then, as I was half reading her first pages, I decided to open my mind and listen to what she was saying. After all, I have the amazing opportunity to meet her during new student orientation. (And anyone who is motivated and educated enough to finish an original book with 350 pages of a new idea is worth meeting and listening to.) And now, I am loving this book. Isn't life amazing?

No comments: