Saturday, August 27, 2011

Oh hey, Irene.

Well, things have been a little wild in the mix of this hurricane. My entire county is under mandatory evacuation so I'm in the awesome town of Charlottesville, Virginia. Although I'm praying for everyone at home (and our house!), there are some definite upsides to this evacuation. My family is here with me in a hotel and we got to sight see today!

Charlottesville is a beautiful, beautiful town. We visited Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but here are some I took of the exterior and grounds surrounding. If I knew history was so interesting, maybe I wouldn't have slept through it for my four years of high school.

Definitely a must visit place. I also love what I picked up in the gift store (they sell everything from furniture to silverware to jewelry to chapstick- all of which I wanted). I purchased lavender soap bars, a few antique looking postcards, and rose powder.

EDIT::
Here is a link to Ralph Lauren's shade of Monticello yellow, inspired by the dining room. The pictures show just one of the amazing rooms.

No comments: